The site VNOP.nl is public and all information is assessable to everyone: you don’t need to be a member to assess the news on this site, and you can subscribe to the free VNOP eNewsletter too without having to become a member.
The VNOP is a society with individual members. Everyone with an academic interest in developmental psychology in the broadest sense can become member.
- Only members can vote
- Only members are eligible for functions in the VNOP
- You have to become a member to participate in the activities of the VNOP (the Conference, the LabVisits, The PhD days, etc.).
How to become member?
- You can self-register on the site member.VNOP.nl
- The membership fee is 25 euro for a year or 50 Euro for two years.
- For PhD students it is 25 euro for two years.
- You can pay online with iDEAL (Only for Dutch Banks).
Registering is easy:
Go to the registration page on member.VNOP.nl:
- Provide your (work) email address
- Check your function (Staf or Post-Doc, PhD, (Research Master) Student)
- Provide First name
- Provide Last name
- Check one of the membership types
Tijdelijk dicht voor onderhoud: Use the link here to go to member.vnop.nl
More information about membership (and recent changes)
VNOP is a society (vereniging) with individual members. However, the core of the society is formed by all departments of Developmental Psychology and some departments of Pedagogics in the Netherlands or Flanders.
Up to 2015 we used to have a system in which this registration fee for all employees of the supporting departments was paid by these departments collectively. However, this is not allowed anymore in all institutions, due to fiscal and other regulations. Therefore, the VNOP has decided that, from 1st of January 2016 onwards, members have to make an individual payment to the VNOP.
If you have paid individually recently, and the expiry-date is not yet passed, you don’t have to pay again of course. We have updated the database: please ask for a new password with the “lost password” procedure.
We kept the cost as low as possible: we hope you can get it refunded from your department. You are advised to combine paying your membership dues together with cost for an activity you would like to take part in. Such as the conference 2016.
Payments are handled on a separate subdomain of the VNOP via iDEAL. iDEAL is extremely save and trustworthy.
Unfortunately, iDEAL is not available in Belgium. Please notify that you want to become member via email@example.com, and pay per banktransfer. For the bank info see: vnop.nl/About the VNOP/Contact